Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gummy Bears and Power Outages

This morning, sitting in the fourth floor of Jubilee Hall, our normal study area, I sat in one of Seton Hall's comfy couches while diving into John Paul II's Theology of the Body for my theology class. As I sat there in the darkness of a cool, overcast morning, I look up; and, to my surprise, what do I see soaring directly at me but a gummy bear. Much to my surprise, it was not hurled from the hands of a child but of fellow Salesian Post-Novice Brother Jared Anderson. And this was a great reminder, amidst my busy school work, of the true child-like spirit that comes with following John Bosco and the joy of the Beatitudes. Not to mention--gummy bears are a great source of energy for studying.

Today, many students at Seton Hall wander aimlessly throughout campus wondering if their classes are cancelled, for the power shut off much to our surprise. Myself and Pedro (Second Year Candidate) were in the middle of glorifying the Lord through working out when this event occurred. (I should take this time to advertise for the fellow GPL campaign. Be sure to check out www.facebook.com/GPL324 for more information on the GYM | PRAY | LAUNDRY movement taking hold of many youth throughout the nation.) Here at the seminary, we believe that God is meant to be worshipped not only in the time we set aside for prayer but also in our daily lives--e.g. working out, in conversation, meals, etc. For once you encounter the love of God, all you want is more. 

Check out this video of Shawn McDonald for more on our need for God's love.


On second thought, the university should seriously consider using gummy bears to help fix this current power outage. For, like we discovered, they are a great power source. Much like the Eucharist.
Keep the joy, live in the love, and pray!

Posted by: Jared R.

No comments:

Post a Comment