Saturday, January 21, 2012

Valuing every moment

While sitting in our TV room today, I realized that today marks 2 months until my 21st birthday. In other words I am officially 20 years and 10 months old, and for whatever reason (most likely the boredom caused by the fact that there is not much to do when it snows 6 inches) I did the math, and realized that today is my 250th month birthday.

Because of this, I thought back to when I turned 100 months old. I was a cute and adorable 8 year old (if I do say so myself), and my mom asked if I wanted to take a walk around the block, something we did quite often. So I saw nothing out of the ordinary with this question. While we were out, my dad brought out the cake, and returning home, I was welcomed back by my father and brother singing “happy birthday” to me.

Remembering this led me to reflect on how much I have grown since then, and how every experience that we go through leads us to take another step down the road of our lives. I can even remember back to the first day that I entered the house on August 24, 2009, and how much I have grown since then. In the good times and tough, in the fun things and difficult, everything we do has a direct correlation to our growth in our relationship to God.

There is a value to everything we do. Let us remember this, and make every moment of our lives count towards our growth as Salesian Catholic Christians, and keep walking along the path of holiness.


St. Agnes, pray for us

No comments:

Post a Comment