Monday, February 6, 2012

Faith through Family

Greetings from the Don Bosco Formation House!

Yesterday was my twenty-third birthday, and my second birthday away from my family.  I am one of the few guys in the formation house that is an only child.  I was spoiled and I loved it! But I never really felt a disconnect with my family without brothers or sisters.  Truthfully that is only because my parents have led me in my faith and have kept me involved at school as well as in church.  A lot of my friends who have brothers and sisters, speak highly of the relationship and bond that they share.  But there are constant reminders in my life to help me see just how many brothers and sisters I have.  I am so close with most of my friends that we consider each other brothers and sisters.  I understand that you all must feel that way about your friends, but for me it’s a different feeling and understanding.  It is a complete support system in my life, and because of the quality of friends I have, I can stay close to our Lord. 

I feel like the luckiest guy in the world, because of the friends and family that have been so supportive in my faith life.  Yesterday was just another big example for me.  The guys here in the house are no different from my friends back at home.  They are my brothers, and I appreciate them more than they could ever know. 

Family has always been important to me.  My parents and extended family have always been important to me, and now I know that between the friends I have back home, and the men here in the formation house, I have many brothers.  I have surely been blessed.  

It is with a little help from your friends that you achieve holiness and fulfill your baptismal call.  That’s why I know I made the right choice almost two years ago to leave what was familiar to come live in New Jersey.  Never forget you have friends, brothers and sisters in Christ to help you get to  heaven, you don’t have to do it alone. 



Peace in Christ       

No comments:

Post a Comment