Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Harden not your heart.

A poem for the day, for this Lenten season:
O drought of love! O font of mercy!
O desert! O wilderness sublime!
Unsatisfied, worn and dried,
Seeking comfort at Your side.
At Your side, I hide; I hide
For identity to be identified.

And what is sand but countless prayers,
Prayers so fair and skin so bare,
Bare to the bone of hunger and thirst?
You take Your throne, I take my hearse.
Your heart of love is about to burst.
Save me, Lord, before I make things worse.
"If today you hear His voice,
harden not your heart."

     The Lenten season may be difficult for some of us. It may be a time when we realize how weak we truly are or how far we are from holiness. But what a humbling moment! What a moment for absolute surrender to our Lord! Let us not be afraid to rise up from the ashes. For the Lord is calling us. Can you hear His voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment