Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Playground


Because I was not able to go back to Texas, I ended up at my cousin’s place. It was not bad at all; I loved all most every part of that trip, partly because I could sleep a lot more than I could than before. But one of the best times I had during my spring break was playing around with my one year old nephew. He was quite interesting kid that had rows of teeth in his upper jaw and no teeth visible in the lower jaw and he was a person of quite an amusing character. What interested me more and more about him was that no matter how early he woke, he always woke up with a huge smile. Another thing that is interesting is the fact that when I start to play around him, he has this surge of energy that just appears out of nowhere, unlike any kid I have ever seen. He would run around with his hands gesturing as if he wants to fly. 

Another interesting part of my trip was when I entered the YMCA center to play tennis with my cousin and his friends. But when I did not get to compete with him or his friends, I would most often go downstairs to the basketball courts to talk to some of the kids to get to know them more. Some of the kids that I talked to were high school kids who could not only play real good but also showed that enthusiasm to invite anyone to play around with them. There were some that were a bit more interested than usual to open up to me. 
    
In both parts of these trips, I learned the meaning of finding Christ in the playground. Sometimes we are so focused on life that we are led astray by the demanding notion of time. Sometimes maybe as people who are studying or even in the busy side of the world we often forget the amazing opportunity that God has placed before our very lives on how we can, as individuals, change the lives of the people of the next generation. The youth today hunger for the one thing that this world in all its materialism cannot provide. They hunger for the one thing that today’s world has failed to recognize. The youth hunger for love, because without love they will never be satisfied. Without a person to care for them, or to love them or to understand what they really go through, they will never find joy. And it is through this love and enthusiasm that I find the meaning of Christ among the youth. Amidst the children in the playground, we find the true nature of God’s love. 
                                                                       
                                                                             Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment