Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Learning the Ropes

  This year already has been filled with countless learning experiences. Not only has the formation staff changed up a bit, but small ropes of responsibility are trickling down even to the candidates. Just recently Simon Song and myself were invited to an opening talk for a CCD class, we really did not know what to expect, we thought it would be a night filled with icebreakers and getting to know kids. However, when we got there we both were invited to give a short testimony about our journey of faith and our vocation in general.
   After this Simon and I both agreed that the experience had helped us to remember why we joined the Salesians in the first place. Not only did we see the joy of the children all around us, but because of that we both burned for the love of God and for the souls of the young. We were Salesians as we stood before the 100 plus young people, and because of that we glorified God for our vocation.

   Now even though I realize that I am a young man, and a even younger Salesian, I now take whole heartily the opportunity of learning for the love of God and of youth. I think Simon would agree with me in saying, we are both very excited to be Salesians of Don Bosco.


"Da Mihi Animas Caetera Tolle"
Give Me Souls Take Away The Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment