Friday, March 2, 2012

It’s Friday, Friday, gotta go Fast on Friday…

Fridays during Lent are more different than other Fridays during the year. In remembering what the sacrifice Jesus undertook for all of us on Good Friday, we observe Fridays as a day to abstain from meat. However, is that all there is for fasting?? I invite you to watch the video and see if any of your ideas of fasting are the same as those in the video.


Well I hope you’re not thinking that fasting is like that; “Don’t be that guy”. Lent is a time in which we come to know that we are all children of God and that He wants to be a part of our lives. We also come to know that we aren’t perfect and that we need to turn to God. Our Lenten penance should help us become the people we're called to be.

Maybe it's something as easy as offering up some of the time we spend watching TV, on our phones, or on the internet. I know that there are things in our day which we know we can do without. Instead lets take that time to grow in our relationship with God and others. Make it reasonable, but at the same time know that we are all called to reach our full potential which is to become Saints by allowing God to use us as His instruments.


“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. You will live in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people, and I will be your God.” Ezekiel 36: 26-28

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful picture. Notice that Jesus is smiling--one of the best smiling Jesus pictures I have seen.

    ReplyDelete