Thursday, March 1, 2012

MARCH: in like a LION...out like a LAMB!

Hey everybody! It's the first day of March! AWESOME. This morning I thought of the old saying for March, "In like a Lion, out like a Lamb." Then I thought, "April showers bring May flowers."
Lastly I thought, "Great...the weather's going to get worse?"
Where did that saying actually mean? Well, according to farmersalmanac.com they say:

"With March being such a changeable month, in which we can see warm spring-like temperatures or late-season snowstorms, you can understand how this saying might hold true in some instances. We can only hope that if March starts off cold and stormy it will end warm and sunny, but the key word is hope. However, this saying seems be to more of a rhyme rather than a true weather predictor."

That's pretty interesting...BUT...as I was reading what the farmers almanac said I thought to myself, "haven't I heard this in a song somewhere?" Not specifically in like a lion, out like a lamb but the reference to both animals, I remembered it's in Chris Tomlin's "How Great is Our God." The lyrics go: the lion and the lamb, the lion and the lamb. How Great is Our God...and the rest of the song goes on. This made me think a lil bit. The lion and the lamb are two descriptive words you can use for God, I guess. God is mighty and powerful like a lion but gentle and meek like a lamb. This is what makes Him so great!!!

Check out this great song and you can even learn how to play it...if you own a guitar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment