Monday, March 19, 2012

Three Truths and A Lie

For today's story (pertaining to my trip home to New Orleans), we've got GAME TIME!
Do you have what it takes to crack the code?
Give it your best shot!

Directions (for those unfamiliar with this game): State which statements are truths and which statement is a lie out of the four listed below.

Three truths and a lie:
1. Over Spring Break, I squeezed fish.
2. Over Spring Break, I played with yo-yos.
3. Over Spring Break, I had my Salesian brothers over for dinner.
4. Over Spring Break, I sucked the heads of mudbugs.
Click "Read More" to see how you did...
The Answers:

1. Over Spring Break, I squeezed fish.
TRUTH.

Not like this....
...or this.

Actually, it turns out that there isn't a picture on Google that has the message I am trying to convey. I helped out with a Fish Fry for our youth group back home to raise money for our annual summer Mexico Mission Trip. Part of my job (the job that makes all the guys say, "YES!" and all the girls say, "EW!") was to "squeeze the fish."

It's always been my favorite job. First, you have the fish cleaners who give the fish to the fish squeezers (the ones that soak the fish in a wonderful blend of wonderful). The fish squeezers then pass their fishes to the batterers who then toss them in the fryer! It's a great teamwork project! Nothing like squeezing some fish to make you feel at home again!

2. Over Spring Break, I played with yo-yos.
TRUTH.

 I also had the chance to go to Abbey Youth Fest where over 5,000 youth gathered from LA, MS, AR, AL, FL, GA, and TX. It was incredible. What was even more incredible was how much the youth wanted grabs on some our famous Salesian yo-yos!

We ran out of 4 boxes of yo-yos within a couple of hours. The kids had to either answer a Catholic question for us or show us a special talent (in true Don Bosco fashion, for we were made to glorify our God with our talents) to win a yo-yo. It was such a beautiful day! Don Bosco's dream is still alive!


3. Over Spring Break, I had my Salesian brothers over for dinner.
LIE.

 So, in the hype of my busy Spring Break, filled with leading music for our youth group, vocation fairs, homeless ministry with the middle school, fish frying, and visiting family...I forgot to invite my fellow Salesian brothers over for dinner. They've never had my dad's famous cookin', and I had to be the one to let down. We all make mistakes, some more evident than others. May the Lord have mercy on my forgetful candidate soul!


4. Over Spring Break, I sucked the heads of mudbugs.
TRUTH.
 The meal that the brothers happened to miss was our crawfish boil! For any of you who don't know about crawfish, come on down to Louisiana and we'd love to treat you as family. Make it spicy, grab a beer, and suck the heads of the crawfish. It's normal (for us), and it's a truth!

And that was my Spring Break!
I hope you were able to crack the code!

Keep checking back for more stories about our Spring Breaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment