Wednesday, April 11, 2012

RE-FOCUS.


THIS WEEK IS A LITTLE LONGER THAN MY NORMAL POSTS SO BEAR WITH ME AND PLEASE READ IT ALL!!

Hey everyone! Happy Easter! I'm sure you've heard that 100 times already but we gotta spread that Love! Anyways, this blog is interesting because I'm going to share some advice that I received from a Priest in my community. Basically, during the Triduum and Easter Sunday, I can say I truly felt the presence of the Risen Lord during mass. It was AMAZING. As soon as we starting sing the Alleluia as a congregation, the next phrase that played in my head was, "Christ is Risen!!!!!" This was special.

During the following days, that awesomeness for myself kind of faded away. I know that Jesus is alive in the eucharist and we receive Him in the body and blood during mass. However, I've been so distracted from my journey of growing closer to Christ and have been worried about other things and people around me rather than my prayer life.

I expressed my concerns to the specific Priest in my community and he told me, "Steve, you gotta put the FOCUS back on Christ." That's all it took for me. I realized that the Resurrection of our Lord is such a marvelous thing and the devil is always trying to knock us down and tell us, it's not a big deal...it happens every year. THAT IS NOT THE TRUTH. This is a huge deal and it happens every day! We are people who put trust and hope in new and everlasting life because Jesus conquered death. I think of it like this, Jesus killed death...true death. Now we say, how could Jesus kill something, he was a peaceful person. Jesus got rid of death for us so we never have to suffer alone after life. He opened up an opportunity for us to join him in complete happiness and love. It is up to us to put the FOCUS on Him and these things after death.

Jesus did not FOCUS on the sin, but the forgiveness. Jesus did not FOCUS on death, but life.

LET THIS BE THE TIME TO RE-FOCUS ON CHRIST AND GET BACK ON THE JOURNEY TOWARDS HOLINESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment